I got stalled out on this beautiful, beautiful work. Pls go see this fantastic artist’s site and shop.
A comparison of my favorite red inks.
1. Noodler’s Shah’s Rose: One of my favorites, not too red, but not too pink.. somewhere in between. Reminds me of a freshly juiced pomegranate.
2. Noodler’s Black Swan in Australian Roses: This ink is a little less black in a fountain pen, but almost looks black here. The color is like a dark purple stained red.. an old king’s purple velvet robe that has slightly run its color..
3. Noodler’s Tiananmen is one of my favorites. Slightly darker and redder than Shah’s Rose, this is is like freshly drawn blood from a particularly healthy and plump human.
4. Diamine Oxblood: This color is more like dried blood from a human who has smoked too many cigarettes.
5. Winsor & Newton’s Crimson: Technically not for fountain pen inks and not even a really good calligraphy ink, nevertheless this ink is one of the true reds that I have, it’s like someone told the designer to pump up the red to 100% and bring the blues and greens to 0%.
Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous.
I have Diamine Oxblood and Noodler’s Black Swan in Australian Roses. I think I eventually need to get a bottle of Noodler’s Tiananmen, too.